DelveInsight’s “Behçet syndrome Market Insights, Epidemiology, and Market Forecast-2032” report provides an in-depth understanding of Behçet syndrome, historical and forecast epidemiology as well as Behçet syndrome market trends in the United States, in the EU5 (Germany, Spain, Italy, France and the United Kingdom) and in Japan.
by DelveInsight “Behçet Syndrome Market Overview, Epidemiology and Market Forecast-2032″ The report provides an in-depth understanding of Behçet’s Syndrome, historical and forecast epidemiology as well as Behçet’s Syndrome market trends in the US, EU5 (Germany, Spain, Italy, France and UK) and in Japan.
Some of the main facts of the Behçet’s Syndrome Market Report:
- Present in 40-70% of patients in the Middle East and Asia; however, it is only found in 13% of patients in Europe and North America. Mouth ulcer is the most common manifestation of BD (found in 95-100% of patients) and may be the initial manifestation in approximately 70% of patients. Mouth ulcers are more common in women than in men.
- According to a study by Oguz et al (2017), Bycet’s disease has a worldwide distribution. But it is commonly seen in AS according to a study by Comlekoglu et al (2014), HLA-B51 was found to be similar road countries around the Mediterranean Sea including Spain, Japan and others . The prevalence of Bycet’s disease in Japan was 7 to 13.5 per 100,000 cases, while in Italy and Germany it was around 4.1 to 15.9 and 0.9 per 100,000 cases .
- According to a study by Hizli et al (2017), Behçet’s disease can be observed at any age, but it mainly appears between the second and fourth decades of life. In Germany, women were more predominant than men (1.51:1.38)
You have questions ? Click here to learn more about the Behçet’s syndrome market landscape
Overview of Behçet’s Syndrome
Behçet’s syndrome also known as Bycet’s disease is a rare chronic, relapsing and debilitating inflammatory multisystem disease of unknown etiology characterized by ulcers affecting the mouth and genitals, various skin lesions and abnormalities affecting the eyes.
Typically, painful ulcers on the mucous membranes of the mouth are the first sign of Behçet’s syndrome (aphthous stomatitis). The eyes can potentially be impacted by Behçet’s syndrome. Anterior chamber inflammation and posterior uveitis are two symptoms that can occur (anterior uveitis or iridocyclitis). It is also possible for the iris to become inflamed and experience pain, tearing and a collection of pus (hypopyon iritis).
Due to the lack of pathognomonic test results, Behcet’s disease must be diagnosed clinically, which can be difficult. Leukocytosis, elevated levels of inflammatory markers, and anemia of chronic disease are examples of common, nonspecific laboratory findings. Imaging studies should focus on the affected organ and may include x-rays, arthrocentesis to assess arthritis, CT scans to assess bleeding, thrombosis, and ischemia, angiography to look for aneurysms, and punctures spinal cord to assess for meningitis. Imaging studies should also be directed to the affected organ.
Overview of the epidemiology of Behcet’s syndrome
- According to Orphanet (2020), Behçet’s disease is a rare, chronic, relapsing, and multisystemic vasculitis characterized by mucocutaneous lesions, as well as joint, vascular, ocular, and central nervous system manifestations. It is most commonly reported in populations along the Silk Road. The total prevalence of Behcet’s disease in Japan was 1 per 10,000 cases.
- According to the study by Woźniacka et al (2015), the highest frequency of Behcet’s disease in the western world is in the United States, where the prevalence is 8.6 per 100,000 cases. Moreover, it is less frequently diagnosed in Europe: 0.64 per 100,000 for the United Kingdom, 3.7 per 100,000 for Italy, 5.6 per 100,000 for Spain and 7.2 per 100 000 for France.
- According to the study by Hammam et al (2021), the prevalence of BD in the United States is increasing and patients are
predominantly female compared to male (3.8:1). About 79.3% were female predilection.
- According to the study by Killan and Sawalha (2017), Behçet’s disease is heterogeneous with clinical variability depending on ethnicity and geographical location. The prevalence of Behcet’s disease in the United States was 5.2 per 100,000 cases
- According to the study by Kirino and Nakajima (2019), the diagnosis of BD has become even more difficult in recent years in Japan and the rate of incomplete BD is increasing. The prevalence rate in Japan is about 16 per 100,000 cases. There is no marked gender difference in overall disease, but arthritis and genital ulcer are more common in women, while central nervous system and eye lesions are more common in men .
Epidemiological segmentation of Behcet’s syndrome
- Total Behcet’s syndrome Prevalent cases
- Total Behcet’s syndrome Diagnosed cases
- Total Behcet’s syndrome Gender-specific cases
- Total cases treated for Behcet’s syndrome.
Behcet’s Syndrome Market Outlook
The report’s Behçet’s Syndrome Market outlook helps build a detailed understanding of the historical, current, and forecast Behçet’s Syndrome market trends by analyzing the impact of current Behçet’s Syndrome therapies on the market, unmet needs, drivers and barriers; and the demand for better technology.
This segment gives a comprehensive detail of Behcet’s Syndrome market trend of each marketed drug and late-stage pipeline treatment by rating their impact based on annual treatment cost, inclusion and exclusion criteria, mechanism action, compliance rate, growing market need, increasing number of patients, segment of patients covered, expected year of launch, competition with other therapies, brand value, their impact on the market and point view of key opinion leaders. The calculated data of Behcet’s Syndrome market is presented with relevant tables and graphs to give a clear view of the market at first sight.
According to DelveInsight, the Behçet’s syndrome in 7MM market is expected to witness a major shift during the study period 2019-2032.
Learn more by requesting a sample @ Behcet’s syndrome market
Behcet’s Syndrome Key Societies
- Jansen and Jansen
Behcet’s Syndrome Therapies
- OTEZLA (apremilast) – for children/adults
- STELARA (ustekinumab)
- Immunosuppressants (azathioprine, cyclosporine and others)
- key ideas
- Presentation of the report
- Executive Summary of Behcet’s Syndrome
- Background and overview of the disease
- Epidemiology and patient population
- United States
- EU 5
- Emerging treatments for Behcet’s syndrome
- Behcet’s Syndrome Market Outlook
- Market access and reimbursement of therapies
- Behcet’s Syndrome Report Methodology
- Features of DelveInsight
Click here to learn more about Behcet’s syndrome market
Company Name: DelveInsight Business Research LLP
Contact person: Adya Kaoul
E-mail: Send an email
Address:304 S. Jones Boulevard #2432
Country: United States