GOBanking Rates Score
Quick take: With overdraft fees often hovering around $35 per event, a cash advance app like Brigit could save you money.
- Amount of the loan
How did we calculate this?
- No credit check
- No fees or interest for cash advances
- Credit Building Tools and Identity Theft Protection
- Automatic cash advances if an overdraft is expected
- A paid subscription is required
- Lower cash advance amount than some competitors
Like many other cash advance apps, Brigit deposits funds into your connected bank account that you must repay on your next paycheck. And Brigit has her share of believers, including celebrity endorsements from professional basketball star Kevin Durant and actor Ashton Kucher.
However, you will have to pay a subscription fee of nearly $10 to access cash advances. Even so, the extra features offered by the app can be worth the monthly outlay, especially if you want to boost your credit.
Brigit has over 3 million members. Here are some of Brigit’s key features to help you understand why it’s so popular.
Amount of the loan
Brigit’s maximum loan amount is $250, which is a lower loan amount than some of the other popular cash advance apps. However, it’s still very much in line for the industry.
If you need access to more than $250 at a time, however, you’ll want to look elsewhere.
Although Brigit offers a free version of her app, which offers real-time alerts, budgeting tools, and insights into spending habits, you’ll need to upgrade to the Plus plan and pay $9.99 per month to be able to apply. and receive cash advances.
In addition to everything the free plan offers, the Plus plan also offers a credit generator and $1 million in identity theft protection.
Brigit offers a variety of features. However, some of them are only available with the Plus plan.
The free plan does not offer cash advances, but does provide you with information about your past, current, and future financial performance and personalized advice to help you improve your financial health. It can also help you find side gigs.
The Plus plan, which costs $9.99 per month, offers everything the free plan does, plus cash advances, a credit installment loan program, tools to help you monitor and improve your credit, instant deposit, automatic cash advances, flexible repayment options and $1 million in identity theft protection.
Brigit uses the same 256-bit encryption that major banks use. Also, Brigit does not ask you for your social security number.
How Brigit Stands Out
Brigit stands out because she not only offers industry-compliant cash advances, but she can also help you build your credit.
Plus, as long as you request the cash advance before 10:00 a.m. EST, Monday through Friday, you’ll receive the funds the same day, which other apps have been known to charge shipping fees for. If you apply after 10:00 a.m. EST, on a holiday, or on a Saturday or Sunday, your funds will arrive the next business day.
Comparable cash advance application options
Brigit has quite a few competitors. Here are two options you might want to consider that offer higher cash advances.
Vola is offering up to $300 cash advance, which is $50 more than Brigit’s maximum. Plus, you never have to wait for the money; the advance takes place the same day within five hours. Like Brigit, Vola charges subscription fees for its services, which range from $2.99 to $28.99.
However, Vola’s functionality is nowhere near as robust as Brigit’s. The app offers spending alerts and analytics, but not much beyond that.
At $500, Dave offers the largest cash advance in the industry, double what Brigit offers.
While Dave’s monthly subscription fee is only $1, compared to Brigit’s $9.99 Plus plan fee, you’ll pay an express fee of $0.99 to $6.99 each time you you want your money transferred instantly to a Dave Spending account and an express fee of $2.99 to $11.99 per external transfer. Otherwise, you can opt for a free standard transfer, which takes one to three days.
How to qualify for instant money on Brigit?
To qualify for a Brigit cash advance, you must first meet Brigit’s minimum score qualifications. The minimum score you will need will be revealed to you in the app and ranges from 40 to 100. Brigit calculates your score based on an analysis of your spending behavior, income profile and account health banking.
Here is what is required to qualify:
- You must have a checking account that has at least 60 days of activity on it and you must use your bank account daily to help Brigit track your spending habits.
- You must have an account balance greater than $0.
- You must have a balance remaining on the day you receive each paycheck and the day after to ensure that you will be able to repay all Brigit cash advances.
- Your bank account must reflect at least three recurring direct deposits from the same employer or an eligible direct deposit source.
Once you determine that you meet the requirements for Brigit, you will need to download the app from Google Play or the App Store and enter your personal and banking information. Once you are authorized to use the app, you can apply for cash advances. To receive your money the same day, you will need to submit your request by 10:00 a.m. EST.
Who is Brigit best suited for
Brigit is best for someone who has an established checking account with at least 60 days of activity, needs a quick cash advance of $250 or less, and is able to repay the advance on the next payday.
Also, since there is a recurring subscription fee of $9.99, Brigit’s Credit Generator and Identity Theft Protection must be worth the monthly outlay for the user.
Brigit offers up to $250 cash advance, which is industry standard. However, to access the advancements, you will need to upgrade to the Plus plan, which requires a monthly subscription fee of $9.99. Depending on your financial needs, this cost might not be worth it.
FAQsHere are the answers to some of the most frequently asked questions about Brigit.
- How much money will Brigit give you?
- Brigit’s cash advances are $50 to $250. According to Brigit, the amount you’ll be approved for depends on your specific needs and how much you’ll be able to comfortably repay.
- What are Brigit’s requirements?
- To qualify for a cash advance, you must achieve a qualifying score, which Brigit calculates based on the health of your bank account, how much you earn, and how you spend your money.
- How much does Brigit cost per month?
- Brigit has a free plan. However, to access cash advances, you will need to upgrade to the Plus plan and pay $9.99 per month.
- What is Bridget’s phone number?
- Brigit does not offer telephone support. Instead, it encourages users to chat with its virtual bot Jess, which is available 24/7. If the bot does not answer your questions, you will be redirected to a chat session with a customer service associate.
- You may also be asked to submit an online help ticket, which will receive a response within 24 hours.
Editorial Note: This content is not provided by Brigit. Any opinions, analyses, criticisms, evaluations or recommendations expressed in this article are those of the author alone and have not been reviewed, endorsed or otherwise endorsed by Brigit.