DelveInsight’s “Polymyalgia Rheumatica Market Insights, Epidemiology, and Market Forecast-2032” report provides an in-depth understanding of Polymyalgia Rheumatica, historic and forecast epidemiology, and market trends of Polymyalgia Rheumatica in the United States, EU5 (Germany, Spain, Italy, France and United Kingdom) and in Japan.
by DelveInsight “Polymyalgia Rheumatica Market Overview, Epidemiology and Market Forecast-2032″ The report provides an in-depth understanding of polymyalgia rheumatica, historical and forecast epidemiology as well as polymyalgia rheumatica market trends in the US, EU5 (Germany, Spain, Italy, France and UK) and in Japan.
The Polymyalgia Rheumatica market report provides current treatment practices, emerging drugs, Polymyalgia Rheumatica market share of individual therapies, current and forecast Polymyalgia Rheumatica market size from 2019 to 2032 segmented by seven major markets. The report also covers current Polymyalgia Rheumatica treatment practices/algorithms, market drivers, market barriers and unmet medical needs to select the best opportunities and assesses the underlying potential of the Polymyalgia Rheumatica market.
Some of the main facts of the Polymyalgia Rheumatica Market Report:
- In patients with PMR, the synovial membranes and bursae that line and lubricate the joints become inflamed, causing pain and discomfort. Unlike some other inflammatory diseases, there is no permanent damage associated with joints or muscles.
- According to Nothnagel T, Leeb, the gene or genes that could be responsible for PMR have not been definitively identified. Both HLA-DRB104 and HLA-DRB01 alleles have been shown to have a possible link to PMR and GCA although this remains controversial.
Key points of the Polymyalgia Rheumatica Market report:
- The report covers the descriptive overview of Polymyalgia Rheumatica, explaining its causes, signs and symptoms, pathophysiology, diagnosis and currently available therapies.
- A comprehensive overview was provided on the epidemiology and treatment of polymyalgia rheumatica in 7MM
- Additionally, a comprehensive account of current and emerging therapies for polymyalgia rheumatica is provided, along with the assessment of new therapies, which will impact the current treatment landscape.
- A detailed review of Polymyalgia Rheumatica Market; historical and forecast is included in the report, covering drug awareness in the 7MM
- The report provides an edge when developing business strategies, by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global Polymyalgia Rheumatica market
You have questions ? Click here to learn more about the Polymyalgia Rheumatica Market Landscape
Overview of Polymyalgia Rheumatica
Polymyalgia rheumatica (PMR) is a rare inflammatory disease characterized by muscle pain (myalgia), stiffness and other generalized systemic symptoms such as fatigue, mild fever and/or a general feeling of poor health (malaise). PMR can be a relatively mild condition that responds extremely well to treatment. In some rare cases, permanent muscle weakness, degeneration and loss (atrophy) of muscle mass and disability may occur
The diagnosis of PPR can be confirmed by a thorough clinical examination, including a detailed patient history and specialized blood tests that demonstrate an abnormally high sedimentation rate. Other substances in the blood, such as serum albumin, globulins, and fibrinogen, may also be elevated
Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) can be used to treat people with PMR who do not have vascular symptoms or signs (eg, recurrent headache indicating giant cell arteritis). Some affected individuals respond well to treatment with aspirin, which relieves pain and reduces inflammation
Epidemiological insights into polymyalgia rheumatica:
- Polymyalgia rheumatica (PMR) is an inflammatory rheumatic condition of unknown cause. It causes inflammation of the large muscles of the body and can be accompanied by systematic symptoms such as malaise, fatigue, fever and weight loss.
- According to Dasgupta B’, et al polymyalgia rheumatica occurs worldwide, the highest incidence is seen in Scandinavian countries and in people of northern European descent. In the United States, the lifetime risk of developing PMR is estimated at 2.43% for women and 1.66% for men. The lowest incidence rates occur in the southernmost European countries such as Italy and Spain.
- According to Duncan et al. the estimated prevalence of PMR in the United States is 1 in 133 people over the age of 50. The incidence of PMR and GCA increases with age, peaking in the 70s to 80s.
- According to Crowson et al, women accounted for 65-75% of patients. Polymyalgia rheumatica occurs 3 to 10 times more frequently than giant cell arthritis
- A study by E. Machado et al. biopsy-proven GCAs have demonstrated an average annual incidence and prevalence of 17 and 223, respectively per 100,000 population aged 50 or over in Scandinavian countries and northwestern Spain.
- A Japanese national survey gave the prevalence of GCA, in patients aged 50 and over, as 1.47 per 100,000 population, 100 times less than the prevalence cited in a Western population.
Epidemiological segmentation of the polymyalgia rheumatica market
- Total prevalence of polymyalgia rheumatica
- Polymyalgia Rheumatica prevalence by gender
- Prevalent cases of polymyalgia rheumatica based on clinical manifestation.
- Total number of diagnosed cases of polymyalgia rheumatica
Polymyalgia Rheumatica Market Outlook
Polymyalgia Rheumatica Market outlook of the report helps to build a detailed understanding of historical, current, and forecast Polymyalgia Rheumatica market trends by analyzing the market impact of current Polymyalgia Rheumatica therapies, unmet needs, drivers and obstacles, and the demand for better Technology.
This segment gives a comprehensive detail of Polymyalgia Rheumatica market trend of each marketed drug and late-stage pipeline treatment by rating their impact based on annual treatment cost, inclusion and exclusion criteria, mechanism of action, compliance rate, growing market need, increasing number of patients, patient segment covered, expected launch year, competition with other therapies, brand value, their impact on the market and point view of key opinion leaders. The calculated data of Polymyalgia Rheumatica market is presented with relevant tables and graphs to give a clear view of the market at first glance.
According to DelveInsight, the 7MM polymyalgia rheumatica market is expected to witness a major shift during the study period 2019-2032.
Learn more by requesting a sample @ Polymyalgia Rheumatica Market Landscape
Polymyalgia Rheumatica Key Companies
- Bristol Myers Squibb
- Eli Lilly
- and much more
Therapies for polymyalgia rheumatica
- And others
- key ideas
- Presentation of the report
- Executive Summary of the Polymyalgia Rheumatica Market
- Background and overview of the disease
- Epidemiology and patient population
- United States
- EU 5
- Emerging Therapies of Polymyalgia Rheumatica Market
- Market Outlook of Polymyalgia Rheumatica Market
- Market access and reimbursement of therapies
- Polymyalgia Rheumatica Market Report Methodology
- Features of DelveInsight
Click here to learn more about polymyalgia rheumatica market
Company Name: DelveInsight Business Research LLP
Contact person: Gaurav Bora
E-mail: Send an email
Address:304 S. Jones Boulevard #2432
Country: United States