The Severe Asthma report – Market Insights, Epidemiology and Market Forecast 2032 from DelveInsight provides an in-depth understanding of severe asthma, historical and forecast epidemiology as well as severe asthma market trends in the United States, in the EU5 (Germany, France, Italy, Spain and the United Kingdom) and in Japan.
by DelveInsight Severe asthma – Market overview, epidemiology and market forecast – 2032 The report provides an in-depth understanding of severe asthma, historical and forecast epidemiology as well as severe asthma market trends in the US, EU5 (Germany, France, Italy, Spain and UK). United) and Japan.
The Severe Asthma Market report provides current treatment practices, emerging drugs, market share of individual therapies, and current and forecast size of the 7mm Severe Asthma market from 2019 to 2032. report also covers current severe asthma treatment practices, market drivers, market barriers, SWOT analysis, reimbursement, market access and unmet medical needs to select the best opportunities and assess the underlying potential of the market.
Some of the key facts from the Severe Asthma Syndrome Market report
- The diagnosed prevalent population was further divided into intermittent, mild, moderate and severe cases based on the severity of their disease. It was observed that intermittent cases of asthma were the most prevalent cases in the United States
- Among European countries, the United Kingdom accounted for the highest number of prevalent cases of diagnosed asthma (adult + pediatric) (5,884,988), followed by France (4,117,330) in 2021. In contrast, Spain represented the lowest number of cases of the total number of diagnosed cases. prevalent population in the EU-5 for 2021.
- In 2021, Japan had 7,122,971 diagnosed prevalent cases of severe asthma.
Key benefits of the report:
- The report covers a descriptive overview of severe asthma, explaining its etiology, signs and symptoms, pathophysiology, genetic basis, and currently available therapies.
- A comprehensive overview was provided on the epidemiology and treatment of severe asthma.
- Additionally, a comprehensive account of current and emerging therapies for severe asthma is provided, along with the evaluation of new therapies, which will impact the current treatment landscape.
- A detailed review of the Severe Asthma Market; historical and forecast is included in the report, covering 7MM drug awareness.
- The report provides an edge during development of business strategies, by understanding the trends shaping and driving the 7mm Severe Asthma market.
You have questions ? Click here to learn more about the Severe Asthma Market Trends
Overview of severe asthma
Asthma is the most common chronic respiratory disease in the world. It affects the airways in the lungs, which become inflamed and constricted due to various triggers, making it more difficult for air to escape. It is a complex activity between airway inflammation and airway remodeling that results in airway hyperresponsiveness (AHR), which further leads to variable and excessive airway contraction. Characteristic symptoms of asthma include wheezing, shortness of breath, cough, tightness in the chest, tightness in the neck and chest muscles, rapid breathing, and changes in heart rate.
Based on response to treatment, severe asthma is further classified into inflammation type 2 and non-type 2 inflammation. Type 2 inflammation includes allergic asthma and eosinophilic asthma (or e -asthma), while non-type 2 inflammation includes non-eosinophilic asthma.
The diagnosis of severe asthma is difficult because a precise physiological characterization of the patient is lacking. In most cases, the diagnosis depends on the symptoms and the response to the treatment already given. Peripheral airway resistance (Rp) measurements, computed tomography, noninvasive magnetic resonance, PET scans, sputum induction, and bronchoscopy help diagnose asthma and associated airway inflammation. Various biomarker tests are recommended to determine the asthma phenotype.
Epidemiological insights into severe asthma
- Severe asthma is less common than mild and moderate asthma, affecting around 10% of all people with asthma. Due to the multiplicity of definitions, there is a high underdiagnosis of severe asthma. According to GINA guidelines, severe asthma is defined as asthma that is uncontrolled despite adherence to optimized high-dose ICS-LABA therapy and treatment of contributing factors, or worsens when high-dose therapy is diminished.
- The total number of diagnosed prevalent asthma cases (adults + pediatrics) in 7MM was observed at 54,215,617 cases in 2021. These cases are expected to increase by 2032
- Among 7MM, the United States had the highest number of diagnosed adult asthma cases with 20,868,845 cases in 2021. Cases are expected to increase by 2032.
- Estimates according to DelveInsight analysts show that in the United States there were approximately 1,237,778 cases of inflammation type 2 and severe asthma of non-inflammation type 2 each in 2021, which are expected to increase significantly from 2032.
Epidemiological segmentation of severe asthma
- Total number of severe asthma preventive cases diagnosed
- Total diagnosed cases of severe asthma by severity
- Total number of preventive cases diagnosed specific to a type of severe asthma
Severe Asthma Market Outlook
Treatment aims to reduce symptom burden (i.e. good symptom control while maintaining normal activity levels) and to minimize the risk of adverse events such as exacerbations, fixed limitation of airflow and treatment side effects. Guideline-based asthma management focuses on the severity of the disease and the selection of appropriate medical therapy to control symptoms and reduce the risk of exacerbations. Severe asthmatics require higher doses of inhalers and often need medicines (anticholinergics) that relax the muscles around the airways, making it easier to breathe. Long-term use of combined inhaled controller medications may not be sufficient to treat severe asthmatics, and long-term use of oral steroids carries an increased risk of side effects.
Learn more by requesting a sample @ Severe Asthma Market Landscape
Key Severe Asthma Companies
- Astra Zeneca
- 4D Pharma
- And much more
Therapies for severe asthma
- GSK3511294 (depemokimab)
- CSJ117 (ecleralimab)
- And much more
- key ideas
- Presentation of the report
- Executive Summary of Severe Asthma Syndrome
- Background and overview of the disease
- Epidemiology and patient population
- United States
- EU 5
- Emerging treatments for severe asthma syndrome
- Severe Asthma Syndrome Market Outlook
- Market access and reimbursement of therapies
- Hemophilia Report Methodology
- Features of DelveInsight
- About DelveInsight
Click here to learn more about Severe asthma
Company Name: DelveInsight Business Research
Contact person: Adya Kaoul
E-mail: Send an email
Call: +91 9568243403
Address:304 S. Jones Boulevard #2432
Country: United States